People are using CCTV cameras to protect their property. People are using security cameras to protect themselves from property damage and to catch thieves. The use of surveillance apps is increasing day by day like other technologies.
So, how can I connect my CCTV camera to my phone without internet? It is a great blessing to have a CCTV camera. Because if your property is damaged by someone, the security camera can gather important evidence of a crime or situation. Would you like to view the footage live remotely? What if you are next to a monitor, and away from home or business?
In that case you can connect the CCTV camera to your mobile phone to view remote footage. You will have the freedom and flexibility to disconnect from the monitor when you have the ability to monitor the security system on the mobile phone. You can even see everything from a distance and prevent crime and damage. So how can I connect a CCTV camera to my phone? You will know what you need to know to connect properly and monitor everything on mobile.
Advantages Of CCTV Cameras
- CCTV prevents crime and acts as a deterrent to criminals. The perpetrators are indicated by CCTV that they are recording their activities or watching live.
- CCTV is used to enhance security for you and your property and possibly others.
- CCTV cameras give
people the peace of mind when they work in a place where no one is watching them. If there are CCTV cameras they think someone is watching from behind them. When you have a security camera you will refrain from any kind of crime.
- Security cameras allow you to monitor your business from anywhere. Connect a security camera to your mobile phone to monitor from anywhere. This means you can observe everything if you are on a recent vacation or away from business.
Disadvantages Of CCTV Cameras
Like other technologies, CCTV cameras have some great advantages but also some disadvantages.
- Uses CCTV cameras to carry out secret attacks. Some people use CCTV cameras to track crimes. Spying on people’s crimes and recording them without their knowledge.
- CCTV cameras are more expensive than other security cameras.
You can’t connect CCTV cameras wherever you want because it has some legal provisions. Most states have rules that allow CCTV cameras to monitor your employees, occupants and even visitors. And according to all state rules, you can’t use CCTV in bedrooms, bathrooms, locker rooms, and in places where people have their level of privacy.
Can I Connect The Phone To The CCTV Camera?
You can connect the CCTV camera to your phone. You don’t have to be attached to any monitor to see real time on the security camera, but you can view everything via mobile from a distance. Advantage of adding mobile phone monitor:
- Mobile phone monitors give you the ability to remotely monitor. Moreover, some CCTV cameras can be adjusted remotely. For example, motion systems can be armed or disarmed, or even switched from streaming to recording.
- Some CCTV cameras carry two-way voice communication features. It lets you communicate through the camera to the viewer.
- Another advantage of connecting CCTV cameras to mobile phones is that it allows you to stay in more than one place at a time. That means you can monitor everything even when you are away. This is a great benefit for those who have to monitor multiple activities at the same time.
- Mobile monitoring can be effective for business owners as it will not require additional security personnel.
- Mobile surveillance will drastically reduce emergency response time and criminal activity. It is able to prevent crime immediately and identify, arrest and convict criminals.
Can CCTV Cameras Work Without Internet?
You can operate the CCTV cameras without any internet connection, even if there is no electricity, the CCTV cameras will work. CCTV cameras require an internet connection only when remote access is required. However, when you have an internet connection with a CCTV camera, you will get several benefits, but it is not a requirement.
However, there are many people who do not like internet connection with CCTV cameras because if CCTV camera has internet connection then there is a possibility of cyber crime or hacking. Criminals try to hack it to hide their crime and control the system. In most cases they do it to gain access to the property.
However the features that come with the CCTV camera of the internet connection are very useful, as its misuse can be prevented. But in places where there is a shortage of internet and electricity, internet connected CCTVs are not effective. So the ability to use CCTV cameras in places without internet and electricity allows them to protect their property, be it in the village or in the city.
Functions That You Can Use Without Internet
CCTV cameras can work well without internet. However, the functions that you can use without any type of internet connection are:
- 24/7 remote monitoring with a monitor connected:
- If you have a monitor connected to CCTV, you can watch live footage through the device 24 hours a day. This way you can keep an eye on your property day and night.
CCTV footage can be saved on an SD card or NVR. You can save footage without internet connection. This is because an Internet connection is not required to store footage recorded on an external storage device. And you can view it at any time. However, there must be memory up to SD card or NVR.
Cellular Battery Usage:
You can use cellular batteries as an alternative to electricity in CCTV cameras. If the CCTV camera works through your direct power supply, it is turned on by battery backup even after the power is cut off.
Functions that Are Not Available Without the Internet
If you do not have internet connection then you will not be able to enjoy the benefits of some functions.
Remote Access and Monitoring:
You will not be able to view and monitor live footage remotely without access to the Internet. However, you will be able to view the videos on a monitor device connected to CCTV, not from a distance.
Push Notifications From the System:
Internet-connected CCTV sensors are designed to be able to pick up sounds and movements. If CCTV detects such a sound or movement, it will send a notification to the connected device. To get push-notifications you must have CCTV and the device must be well connected to the internet.
Backing Footage In FDP Or Cloud:
The Internet has made it much easier to store, save and back up data. You can easily save data in the cloud with just a single click or tap. It is not possible to store video footage in cloud or FTP without internet.
Connect Mobile Phone With Security Camera Without the Internet
Many people may not know that it is possible to connect a mobile phone with a security camera without access to the Internet. Although it has limitations, connecting the mobile monitor with the security camera that does connect to the network is worthwhile.
- Connect the security camera to the router
A direct Ethernet cable will be required to connect the router to the security camera. However, the footage may be delayed or distorted.
- Then watch the video footage within the limits of the router.
How to Connect Security Camera To Phone Without Wi-Fi
When you need to use a CCTV camera without internet, you buy whole wireless camera system kit. These include NBR and WiFi surveillance cams. These allow you to monitor and record video without the Internet.
- First download the IP webcam from the Play Store or you can download it to your PC.
- Then install the app on your Android phone.
- Then go to Phone Settings and turn on Mobile Hotspot.
- Then open any live recording you want to watch via PC or device.