As an Iphone6 user, you may often face stuck on apple logo problems. The reason iPhone 6 is stuck on the apple logo prevents the device from boot or start normally.
When an iPhone wakes up, it confirms that all the software and hardware are in order and performing correctly. What should you do when my iPhone 6 stuck on Apple logo?
When it finds a problem, it stops the startup process. If your iPhone6 is having such a problem, you may see the startup apple logo is showing forever, and the loading timer is not progressing.
Why Does It Happen?
Several reasons can cause this problem, including hardware damage and software failure. Apple support website says it can happen when you change your iphone6 with an updated one or if you have corrupted iOS backup files on your phone.
Furthermore, if your phone is dropped, hit or got wet can create this problem too. Common possible reasons for the iPhone6 stuck on apple logo problem –
- No charge on the phone: If your phone is out of charge, your phone may not wake up properly.
- Interrupted wifi connection.
- Defective USB port or USB cable when the phone is connected with a mac or pc: If you try to connect your mobile to the Mac or PC, ensure that your data cable and the USB port is working properly. If the faulty cable or port hampers the data transfer process, your phone may get stuck on the apple logo.
Data Transfer And Ios Update Malfunction
- Corrupted iOS file in the system: If you try to update your iOS via a Mac or PC, you must have an updated version. You also need to remove any old iOS file which may be causing the problem.
- Data transfer from mac/pc to phone is disturbed (damaged software or defective hardware can cause this): As discussed above, your phone may get stuck if the data transferring process is troubled by either hardware or software.
In a normal situation, many people say jailbreak doesn’t give them any harm. But keep in mind that the jailbreak apps evade Apple’s safeguard systems that make your iphone6 vulnerable. Any of the jailbreak files can cause your iPhone6 stuck on the apple logo.
The most important precautions you need to take are-
- Make a backup of all vital files on your iPhone: This is one of the most crucial checklists to complete before hard resetting your iPhone. Backing up iPhone contacts, SMS, documents, if any, settings, photographs, videos, music, and other data stored on your iPhone is especially important when you hard reset the device.
- Make a backup of your iPhone’s user settings: Using the iPhone’s settings, save, and reset options, you may store Wi-Fi passwords, browser bookmarks, and any financial applications installed on the device.
- Check for snippets and plugins: It is critical to create a backup of vital plugins, snippets, and widgets from your favorite iPhone applications.
- Remove the iTunes authorization: It is critical to remove the iTunes authorization before performing a hard reset on your iPhone in order to have a trouble-free reauthorization using the Apple ID on a fresh factory setting iPhone.
How To Fix The Problem Of iphone6 Stuck On Apple Logo
If your phone is harmed by minor software faults preventing your phone from starting, force restart is a safe method to try first. It is also called a soft reset.
The apple support website also recommends this method. However, if there is a major software problem with your phone, this method may not work.
- Power off your phone.
- Press and keep holding both the power button and Home button for about 10-20 seconds.
- When you see the Apple, release the buttons.
- Your home screen should be launched now normally.
Wait until your phone starts and shows the home screen. Then Factory Reset your phone to avoid this problem further. The factory reset will remove bugs or malware from your phone, if any.
If the above soft reset mode doesn’t work, you can rest your phone in recovery mode. You’ll need a computer again to restore your phone in recovery mode.
- Turn your iPhone6 off.
- Connect the phone with the computer.
- Press and keep holding power and buttons until your phone screen shows “Connect to iTunes”.
- When you are asked to choose Update or Restore, choose update. It will reinstall iOS without removing your data.
- Or you can completely reset your phone by choosing Restore. You will lose all your data.
Update Or Restore ios On iTunes
This is a popular and successful method to get rid of the problem. If your phone fails to boot by using the force restart technique, you can try connecting your iPhone to a Mac or PC and restoring or updating iOS and solving the issue. Get a Mac or PC to perform this method. Before you do that, ensure the following things –
- Make sure you have an updated iTunes software on your mac or pc.
- Use properly functioning USB cables and USB ports.
- If necessary, disable the antivirus from your computer for a while.
Now turn off your phone and follow the steps below-
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Connect the phone with pc.
- Your phone will show up on iTunes, and you will be prompted to take action – Restore or update.
- Click Restore. You will lose all your data.
Device Firmware Update or a DFU mode is an advanced level repair method. It reloads the iPhone’s firmware and the software without triggering the iOS or the boot manager. Firmware is programming that controls the hardware function of the phone.
- Connect your phone with a mac or pc with a USB.
- Launch iTunes on the computer.
- Press and hold for 10 seconds power and home buttons simultaneously.
- Release the power button after 10 seconds exactly, but keep holding the home button for more than 5 seconds.
- Throughout this process, the phone screen should remain black. If it doesn’t, start over the process.
- Now you will be asked to restore your phone.
Get A Third Party Recovery Software
There is much third-party software to repair your iPhone6 stuck issue. Some of the software also offers repair without losing your data.
We know it is annoying to have an issue like this on your phone. Facing this problem frequently on your iPhone6 means your phone has a major problem, and you should get it fixed by experts. Before you go for a repair service, try the methods above to fix it by yourself.
These are the most common solutions if your iPhone6 get stuck. You may need a repair service if the problem persists.
You may visit an Apple store, and they will provide you with a solution that may include free phone replacement if the warranty conditions allow.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Does It Mean If Your iPhone Is Stuck On The Apple Logo?
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo, you most likely have a hardware problem. Repair costs can vary from $150 to $200 for water damage and if there’s no water damage, it’s going to be around $150-200 for the fix.
How Do I Get My iPhone 6 Out Of Boot Loop?
If you are experiencing boot loop issue on your iPhone 6, do NOT attempt to fix it yourself. To fix the problem, bring the device to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized service center for diagnostic testing before proceeding with repairs.
If there is no hardware issue found, most likely the problem is caused by iOS update or jailbreak.
How Do I Clear My iPhone Stuck On The Apple Logo?
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo, you need to force restart your device. To do so, press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time until you see an Apple logo or a logo of a third party application that you have recently opened.
How Can I Hard Reset My iPhone 6?
To hard reset your iPhone 6, press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time until you see an Apple logo or a third party app logo. This should take around 10-15 seconds.
What Happens When A Hard Reset Doesn’t Work On iPhone 6?
If you have tried hard resetting your iPhone 6 but the device is still stuck on the Apple logo, then most likely there’s something wrong with your hardware. If your iPhone 6 was not under water damage or liquid contact, take it to an Apple Store for general check up.
I hope now you know What should you do when my iPhone 6 stuck on Apple logo.