People who love to travel are fond of stylish and various luggage’s. They buy it and keep it like their most favourite thing. But our today’s discussion is about measuring luggage weight.
So, how to measure luggage weight? We are talking about this because many of our readers contacted us, asking how to measure it. Before going for the exact ways, we prefer to know why it is important for you to know how you should measure your luggage weight. So now we will be talking about why it’s important to know the process-
Reason Of Knowing The Process
- It Gives You an Idea– If you visit a new place and take your luggage with you, you need to know the weight. It will make your journey easier. Say, for example, someone is delivering your bag from the airport to your destination, and they ask for a specific amount of money. What will happen if you know the weight of the luggage? You can ask them to take less amount of money as your luggage weight is not that much.
- It Reduces Hassle on Spots Like Airports/stations– While traveling from the airport or any station, you will need to give your luggage to the authority for measuring it if your luggage overweight’s, then the airport authority will remove the overweight product and force you to leave those in the airport. It might not happen if you weighed your luggage, right? That’s why on these types of occasions, it’s always better to weigh your luggage so that you don’t have to face even a slight hassle.
- To Avoid Unwanted Situations: Being direct, we always hear people lose their important things when they hand luggage over to the airport authority or station authority. Do you know the reason? Because you don’t have any idea about the weight of your luggage. For example, if you measured it before, you can measure it once again when you received the luggage from the airport authority. As it’s not possible to unpack the luggage and check every single thing, so it’s always better to check the weight and find out the fact that, whether everything is on it or not.
- That’s why it is important to know how to measure your luggage weight.
- Time for knowing the ways of measuring weight!
- So we won’t waste your time. Here we start-
Technique For Measure Big Luggage-
- Measuring by Your Weight– After reading this, you might be thinking, ‘why I need to measure my own weight?’. Okay, we will make it clear. If you put the entire luggage on the scale, then you won’t get the exact weight. That’s why at first you have to measure your weight. After that, pick up the luggage and once again measure your weight with the luggage. Then deduct your weight from the weight you got along with the luggage. That’s how you can know your luggage weight.
- Taking the Help of a Stool :Okay, we make it clear without making you more confused. At first, keep the stool into the scale. Know the stool’s weight and then keep the luggage in the stool. Once you know the weight, then deduct the weight of the stool from the total weight. That’s it. Here you get what you wanted.
Technique For Small Luggage’s
It’s pretty simple. Collect a handheld scale. Then bring your luggage (as it small so we hope you can!). Then connect the luggage hook with the scales hook. Now pull your scale, and that’s it. You will know what your small luggage weight is. So dear readers, that’s all that we know about the techniques of measuring your luggage weight. Time for FAQ. So here we go-
How Can I Measure My Luggage Weight At Home – Simple Ways
You have managed to read all the data we provide above. If the answer is yes, then let us make you know that all those techniques are shared in a way that you can measure the weight at home. So don’t worry at all, follow the rules and measure the weight at home.
What Is Normal Luggage Weight?
We don’t know which luggage you are talking about. So the weight of luggage varies a lot. But an approximate figure is 20-40 KG. But yes, please keep in mind that it’s the approximate value.
What Happens If Your Luggage Is Overweight?
It depends on which you are traveling. If you travel through an airplane and your luggage overweight, you have to pay for the extra weight. So if you can’t bear it, then don’t carry overweight luggage.
What Are The Fees For Overweight Luggage?
Overweight luggage fees apply to checked baggage that weighs over the standard weight allowed by an airline. Fees can add up if you have a lot of overweight luggage to check, and they usually take the form of “excess weight” charges for every pound over the maximum allowance. They’re a generally accepted practice in airlines today, though it wasn’t always so.
The most common form of overweight luggage air travel is excess weight charges, though some carriers charge extra for oversize or over-length baggage, which can be even more expensive.
For example, American Airlines states that their maximum allowance for standard checked baggage is 50 pounds per bag, but they charge $150 for any bag weighing 51-70 pounds and an additional $200 if the baggage comes in at 71 or more.
In December 2016, three major airline carriers – American Airlines, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines – increased their fees to check a first bag up to $30 from $25. Second bags are typically between $40 and $50 per bag, depending on the airline.
How To Measure An Overweight Suitcase If I Don’t Have A Scale?
It’s a tough question, but you can solve it with a tricky solution. What is it? Do you have anything in your home that weighs exactly 50 pounds?
Hopefully, the answer is yes. So now pick that thing and then leave it. Right after that, pick your luggage. If it feels like heavy than what was in your house, then your suitcase is overweight.
Do Folding Clothes Reduce Weight?
Want to know the answer? Then the fact is, the weight will remain the same. Whether you fold it or however you pack it, the weight will remain the same. If someone is giving you this idea, then they are just misleading you.
Should I Get A Medium or Large Suitcase?
If you are traveling with your friends where you will have to pack only your clothes and important things, then the best thing would be a medium-sized suitcase. But in terms of a group tour, surely it’s better to carry a large suitcase.
When To Buy A Suitcase?
For knowing the answer, you have to find out when the regular outlets provide a maximum discount. If we are not wrong, then they give the most discounts on June- September. So if you want to buy luggage then buy in those months. So readers, hope you got all the necessary things about weighing luggage. Hoping something really good for you.
Frequently Asked Questions :
1.How Can I Tell How Much My Suitcase Weighs Without A Scale?
Ans: If you do have access to a bathroom scale the best way to weigh your luggage is to first weigh yourself and write down your weight. Then weigh yourself holding the suitcase. Subtract your weight from the weight of you and the suitcase and you’ll have the weight of the bag.
2.How Can I Weigh My Luggage At Home?
Ans: Just buy a luggage scale for about $10 to $20. Link the hook on the scale to the suitcase’s handle, and lift the scale and bag together off the ground. Hold it steady, wait for the numbers to level out on the scale, and read the weight. Regular home scale.
3.How Do I Know If My Luggage Is Overweight?
Ans: Weigh yourself on a home scale, then weigh yourself holding the bag. Subtract the first from the second and you’ll get the weight of the bag. If the bag is bigger than the scale, such as hanging over the sides, it won’t weigh properly and that’s why you have to stand on the scales holding it.
4.Is It Better To Roll Or Fold Clothes In A Suitcase?
Ans: As a rule of thumb, always fold clothes that are made from natural materials like cotton, linen, and wool. Cotton and linen crease and wrinkle very easily so they benefit from being folded, and woolen-knit items tend to be chunky, meaning that they will take up more space in your pack if you try to roll them.
5.How Big Is 23kg Bag?
Ans: The main piece of carry on luggage can weigh up to 23 kg and have the maximum dimensions of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm, including handles, pockets, and wheels. Bag gauges are provided at check-in where you can measure your cabin bag.
I hope now you know how to measure luggage weight.