Holsters are one of the best weapons accessories for those who carry a firearm. But keeping a holster in place on the belt is very difficult. Nothing is more annoying than bringing it back to the right place repeatedly.
Two types of the holster are very popular and widely used. The first type is an outside-waistband holster, and it is known as OWB. The second type is an inside the waistband holster. It is known as IWB. Although these holsters are very popular, their main problem is they rarely stay in one position and keep moving much.
The primary reason to carry a gun is that you might need it in an emergency. But with an unfit holster, you can never do so. Fortunately, we have found some ways to eliminate these problems. We are going to discuss some methods that will help you keep your belt holster in place.
Make Sure Your Belt is in the Right size, Keeping Holster
. The first step is to select a belt that fits the size of the holster, which is essential to keep the holster in the correct place. Holsters cannot fit with all types of belts. You don’t need thousands of dollars to buy a perfect belt.
It’s simple: buy a belt that matches your holster’s size, which will keep the belt tightly attached to the slot of the hostler and prevent it from moving when you are running, driving, or otherwise using it. The right belt size is really important for both OWB and IWB.
However, make sure the belt feels comfortable to you. Moreover, The belt should match the size of the pants too.
Even if you use a perfectly fitted holster, it can fall after removing the belt from the pants.
Low friction caused this to happen. To prevent the holster from coming off the belt, you need to increase the friction. Using this method is easy and effective. You don’t have to spend any money to do this.
You will need an elastic band. Tie the belt to the holster with the elastic band. For more effectiveness, you can use the constructor rope end knot.
Keep the Hostler in the Right Place on the Body
If you like keeping your holster in place on your belt, you should know where to put your holster. Some parts of our body wiggle a lot when we run or walk. You should not set a holster with those parts. Security personnel believe it is more effective to keep guns in two major body parts.
- Right or left of the waist: Our waists stay in a steady position even when running, so we can carry a gun at our waists. Set your holster in the right waist if you are right-handed. Set the holster to your left waist if you are left-handed.
- The back of the waist: You can also keep your gun in the back of the waistline. The majority of military personnel carry pistols behind their waists. You can easily operate it with any hand. Additionally, the gun stays in place even if the pants are loose.
It would be best if you did not keep a gun in certain areas of the body. It can even be dangerous. These are the places:
- Towards the belly: In the opinion of experts, keeping a holster towards the belly is very unsafe. Usually, IWB holsters are worn on the belly. Although it seems stable, it becomes very shaky when walking.
- In Pocket: It is not a good idea to keep holsters in pockets. Here, the gun will move more.
Use Belt Keepers
Belt keepers are very common in law enforcement agencies. Nearly every police force in the world uses it. Furthermore, it works very well. It is simple and easy to use. Belt keepers are available in plastic or leather. The belt holds the holster and trousers together. Therefore, no matter what you do, the holster will always remain stationary.
In general, you need to wear at least four of these belts at once. Additionally, they are much cheaper. The cost of four belt keepers is less than fifteen dollars. A belt keeper made of quality leather typically lasts for 8 to 10 years. The best way to completely avoid worries is to invest in some belt keepers.
Even then, if you can not help keep the holster in place on the belt, you can use zip ties. Zip ties are a kind of plastic or nylon straps. There is no way to open it in any way. Zip tie can only open by cutting it. Usually, people use this to attach wires or pipes. However, you can use it to attach a holster with a belt.
Attach the holster and belt tightly with two or more zip ties. Once that is done, you can rest assured that it will not move again.
- The IWB or the OWB: which one is better?
- Both are highly effective. It doesn’t matter which one you use. Check out which one you feel comfortable with before purchasing.
- Should you get a special belt for holsters, or are normal belts sufficient?
- There are special belts for holsters. But a normal belt works perfectly with a holster as well.